Tips for proper parental provoking unto good works.
- Set short term goals, don’t have unreachable goals.
- Set the example, don’t have unlived standards.
- Have sensible rules, not unreasonable ones.
- Be satisfied with your children’s individualism, rather than using unattainable comparisons.
- Specify your promises, and do not have unkept promises.
- Be sensitive in your speech, rather than using unkind teasing.
- Share your love, and do not show unfair favoritism.
- Use special recognition, and do not allow achievements to go unrewarded.
- Be willing to sacrifice for the good of your children, and do not force unwanted sacrifices on them. Do not make the child feel that your sacrifices for them are a burden.
- Use sweet selfless correction, rather than unloving discipline.
- Show forgiveness, rather than exemplifying an unforgiving attitude.
- Sing the praises of your children; do not give way to unproductive discouragement.
- Use self control, rather than uncontrolled anger.