“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:”
2 Corinthians 9:7–8
What is Faith Promise?
- It is Scriptural. (2 Corinthians 8:12, 9:7–8)
- It is an opportunity for the Holy Spirit to administrate the program through the individual giver.
- It involves every member.
- It is an act of faith. (Hebrews 11:6)
- It sets a goal for the donor.
- It is an organized approach to missionary giving.
- It is local church centered.
Faith Promise is not:
- It is not a pledge. (Ecclesiastes 5:4–5)
- It is not something someone will come to collect. (2 Corinthians 8:12)
- It is not determined on the basis of what you know you can give.
- It is not taking from your present tithes and offerings to your church in order to give.
How Faith Promise Works:
- It works by faith. Each member contributes a certain amount which God leads them to promise on a weekly basis to the missionary program of their church.
- It works when it is in addition to their regular church giving.
- It works when the promise is made between the between the giver and God.
Faith Promise Commitment Card
A number of other helpful free missions resources are available at HelpMyMissionsConference.com.